The FCA conference, held over two days in May every year, brings together stakeholders from industry, government, financial services and the financial counselling sector to share information, experiences and ideas and to celebrate achievements. The conference also provides training and development opportunities for financial counsellors and avenues to build positive working relationships with industry to better support people experiencing financial stress.
The conference attracts high-profile and respected speakers, including consumer advocates, politicians, regulators and industry representatives. We are not afraid to try new things and have a reputation for a fast-moving and creative conference. Participants are challenged by new ideas and find out about emerging trends affecting financial counselling as well as industry developments in areas such as finance, superannuation, telecommunications and utilities.
There are also pre and post-conference events and forums and meetings for interest groups, such as agency managers or regulators. A must-attend event is the conference dinner, where the Jan Pentland prize and scholarships are awarded.
The event continues to grow, and now numbers more than 800 attendees. The conference is open to:
- financial counsellors, financial capability workers, consumer lawyers and community sector workers
- full-time students studying the Diploma of Financial Counselling
- representatives from government departments, including Department of Social Services, Department of Human Services and Attorneys-General
- agencies including National Disability Insurance Scheme, Australian Tax Office and Australian Financial Security Authority
- representatives from universities and registered training organisations with an interest in financial counselling
- representatives from regulators, external dispute resolution schemes and industry peak bodies.
|Note: The FCA conference is not open to the general public.|
FCA invites sponsorship from industry, government and regulators who attend our conference. Read our Conference Sponsorship Policy for more information.
Visit the conference website.